1. Our Wedding Day It was just so neat kneeling at the altar with all our family around and having no fear, just excitement!
2. Tyler's Placement What an incredible day, going to pick up our son; seeing him for the first time. All this joy wrapped with feeling so much for his birth family, who were going through so much pain with such courage.
3. Playing Maria in the Sound of Music It was totally fun being the lead in a play. I felt on top of the world during that time--even when I fell down the stairs during an entrance and my shoe fell off into the audience!
4. Kim's Baptism This was on my mission, becoming so close to Kim and Candee, and finally seeing Kim enter the waters of baptism--this was true joy!
5. First date with Brad After being just friends as missionaries, it was so "electric" when we met the first time after our missions, and could actually see each other in a romantic way.
6. Singing at my High School Graduation This was the biggest day of my life up to that point--so many emotions--and to be able to sing and represent my class at our last gathering meant a lot to me.
7. Receiving my Mission Call I felt an instant love for the people of Oklahoma when I got that call. It was an amazing feeling.
8. Coming home from my Mission As much as I loved my 19 months working my hardest every day, it was a great sight to see all my family and friends waiting for my plane with signs and balloons. They were all so proud of me, and I was so proud of myself!
9. Getting accepted to BYU Although there's no way my high school grades would get me accepted to BYU today, luckily for me, in 1994 a 3.4 GPA was enough!
10. Our Jazz Choir winning 3rd in the Nation my Sophomore Year A year after our legendary choir teacher died, we all felt we did that for him.
11. Getting My First Teaching Job It was July by the time I got hired, and I was getting worried. I was at my Temporary Secratery job when I got the call. I felt so grown up, having a job that actually needed a degree!
12. My first date in College Let's face it: I wasn't the prettiest girl on the block, so when I finally got asked out by a boy I really liked, I was too excited for words.
13. Brad getting hired at his current job. We knew from the beginning of our adoption process that this was what Brad was meant to do. So after quitting a perfectly good job, going back to school for a Master's, and putting off settling down, it was a big relief to get hired.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants