Friday, June 15, 2007

My Boys

An old, but favorite pic

I'm so proud of my two boys today.


1.) Brad

Brad had a very difficult assignment at work, where he had to tell a very explosive, angry couple some really bad news. It was the right decision, confirmed by company headquarters and attorneys, but he knew the couple wouldn't see it that way. Walking up their doorstep was like walking into a fiery furnace. But he did it! And he stayed professional and calm--even empathetic--when this couple yelled and screamed in his face and eventually threw him out, slamming the door into his shoulder!

It's sad, though, because at the end--right before the slamming of the door-- this couple said they were going to tell everyone they knew how horrible his company is, and for them to run when they hear the company's name. And people probably will decide not to use his company if they hear these people's side, but there's always two sides to every story. And sometimes confidentiality agreements and professionalism dictate that one side will never be told. Hmm...

2.) TyTy

Truthfully, one thing about raising a boy that I've dreaded is the whole fascination-with-bugs thing. I hate bugs and little slimy animals, and I don't want Ty to bring them into the house and want to care for them, etc. I just don't want to be the Mom that helps her son turn tadpoles into frogs from a dirty jar in the kitchen!

But I think I just might change my mind! I saw a bug yesterday, and Brad was still home so he got it for me. Tyler saw that, and got a little washcloth and said "I got a bug, too!" We thought he was just copying his dad like he often does, but he gave the rag to Brad, and Lo and Behold, there was a spider in it!! We gave him a lot of praise, and a couple hours later I thought he was just pretending again when he said, "I got another spider and put it in the toilet!" I said good job and went on with my day, until hours later when I went to use the john and a dead spider was in the bowl! Now I have two guys to protect me from bugs!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when the men in our lives take good care of us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swag Bucks