Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring


My Goodness!!!


For a girl who grew up in rain-soaked Oregon, I must say I'm a bit surprised at how much it rains here in Texas! It has rained every day for a long time (over a week, I know)! The only difference from Eugene's rain is it's still really hot here. The rain is usually accompanied by thunder and lightning (or as Tyler calls it, Funder and Lightning Bugs). Whenever the thunder comes he repeats to himself, "It's okay, we're okay, we're safe in our new house, it's just the angels bowling."

This week we went to Laredo, a town on the Mexican border. (Yucky) But we got a hotel with great pools and a playground, so I was excited to do that while Brad had his appointments. Ummm...no. It flooded in Laredo. Not just rained, flooded. So we were a bit bored sitting in our swimsuits in the hotel room for four hours waiting for the rain and thunder to stop (Brad had the car). I think Ty and I just might stay home next time Brad goes to Laredo.



No Swimming Today



3 comments:

  1. It has been unusually rainy in this part of the US... being an Oregon girl myself, the heat and rain do not match for me. I don't like it. But I do love the sounds of rain... ah... home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you can go with him on trips...I usually get stuck at home with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it doesn't rain on the fourth too...last year it did, but the nice thing about texas is it rains, and then usually clears up pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swag Bucks