Monday, March 10, 2008

Another Meme

Carlye tagged me this time.


10 Years Ago...
I was serving my mission in Branson, MO. I had just found out that our first baptism there still had a smoking problem but was keeping it from us. We also met a Bible Basher that day who was totally in our face and rather than just walk away, my foreign companion tried to engage her in a scripture war. Duh.

5 Things on my T0-Do list today...
  • Mop floor
  • Clean up house
  • Play with Ty
  • Make dinner for missionaries (is it bad that I always experiment with recipes when the mishies come over? I always think, "They're missionaries--they have to eat anything!" Tonight, in honor of St. Patty's Day, I'm making a new recipe that I found here of corned beef and cabbage.)
  • Practice our choir Easter music (I missed the last two practices because of camp meetings but the director said I could still sing with them if I practice at home!)


Things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire...Ohh...I try not to let myself think too much about this--I start getting covetous! But I would definitely pay off our mortgage and student loans, probably move to a still-modest, but a little bit bigger home, save the majority, and use the rest to be able to travel wherever and whenever I wanted, with whomever I wanted! (Let's all go on a Cruise on me!)

3 of my bad habits...
  • Not calling people back (I really dislike the phone)
  • Procrastination!!
  • Forgetting to switch the load from the washer to the dryer, and having to run it all over again.
Jobs I've had...
  • Helper at a Child care facility
  • Aid at a Nursing Home
  • TCBY yogurt artist
  • Office Temp
  • MTC teacher
  • Plasma donor (yes, that provided about $100/mo when we really needed it!)
  • Nu Skin secretary
  • Junior High Teacher
  • And my current job, Household Executive!


5 Things people don't know about me...I'm really shy on the inside. Although I love extreme weather, whenever it gets a little stormy I worry a little that we'll get hit by a tornado. I love reading autobiographies. I hate mustard and pickles. I don't really mind cleaning toilets, but hate unloading the dishwasher!



I tag anyone who wants to be tagged!


6 comments:

  1. Making good frozen yogurt treats IS an art. I remember one time someone called and complained that they had a hole in their yogurt (because whoever filled the cup filled all around the sides and left the center empty). I personally think that was a beautiful artistic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to learn new things about you! Your always an insiration though! Love the mission stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm there for the cruise!! When do we leave?
    I hate it when I forget to change the clothes over to the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when people get tagged...you learn so much about them...I didn;t know you worked at the lust job of the MTC--that is so cool..
    The best time to experiment with recipes is when the missionaries are over...THEY THINK THEY HAVE TO TELL YOU IT IS AMAZING---so then you feel so good about yourself after
    We try to trick them and make something bad just to see how they will react to it. It is fun...try it sometime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sal- I found your friend Tonya's blog on Rachel's blog. Mattandtanya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sally my friend! I love you and miss you so much. Ty is so stinkin cute! I always experiment with new recipes on the missionaries. I don't know why, but I feel safe experimenting on them.Never tried corned beef and cabbage though. I'm packed for the cruise. When do we leave?? I hope it's somewhere warm and exotic. What does getting tagged mean??? I am still learning about this blogging world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swag Bucks