Thursday, December 21, 2006

Good Morning


As much as I LOVE Tyler's bedtime (think Hallelujah Chorus), I love seeing him again in the morning when he's sweet and cute and well-rested. He's not an early riser, which I am sooooo thankful for, so usually around 8:30 every morning I start to hear little chatter and singing. Then I hear, "Mommy!!! Wake up!!! Wake up Mommy!!" Even though he got a big boy bed a couple weeks ago, he still treats it like a crib (with the gates on the side it kinda still is like one), so he won't get out until I come in to get him. He's always sitting up playing with his bed "friends". Let me tell you about them.

In the picture he's holding the binks that he's collected througout the night. He collects them and puts them "away" until the next nighttime. (It's progress!)

His favorite blankies include:

Africa (the one pictured)
Bluey
Fringy
Balloony
Fuzzy
Quilty (also known as Mommy's Pillow)
Alphabetty, and
Giraffy

I think it's interesting that he hasn't stuck with one that's his favorite. He rotates and wants different ones at random times. Same with his animals and dolls:

BelleBelle (well, I think this is his very favorite)
Doggy (the hyper silly one of the bunch)
Payton
Debbie
Froggy
Monkey
Lion, and the newest one:
Gingy (the gingerbread man that a nice lady won in one of those claw vending machines and gave to TyTy. So nice, huh?)

No wonder the crib was getting too small!!!

After we inventory and talk to every friend on his bed, I sit in the rocker and we talk about his night and talk about our upcoming day, and where Daddy is, etc. It's a time I'm starting to treasure.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:00 AM

    Oh, Sally. I love this post. It reminds me so much of when Jacob was that age. I loved morning time with him. Remember, he used to call it "huggy-talky" when he would climb in bed with me and snuggle and talk. Even though he's 12 now, he would probably still do "huggy-talky" every morning. It just wouldn't be quite the same!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swag Bucks