Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Fourth of July Fun

We had a great Fourth of July celebration this year. It started off at Temple Square on Saturday. We were supposed to meet our dear friends and cousins from Texas--Spencer and Sara--but they never quite made it! Instead we just met them at the restaurant. That's okay...if you're waiting for someone, Temple Square is a nice place to be!

Even though we live in the Salt Lake Temple district, and I also frequently take the youth there, I sometimes forget that our kids don't make it down there all that often, so it was fun to explore with them.


After Spencer's Birthday lunch, we made our way to Jump Around Utah, one of my favorite places for the kids (and Brad) to jump to their hearts' content. Of course, popsicles help cool them off, too. Ty was so excited to see his best friend Adelaide again. They were tied at the hip when we lived in Texas.

All the kids. Lauren did NOT want to be taking pictures. She wanted to be jumping!

From Jump Around Utah we headed down to Utah County. We were supposed to meet Brad's sister and family at the MTC field to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks, but they couldn't make it last minute. We decided to still go and hang out. This was such a tradition for me during my BYU days. I love the atmosphere and fun. I don't love the traffic jam afterward. It took us an hour and a half just to get to the freeway! Needless to say, it was a late night!
Monday the Fourth started a new round of fun. We BBQ'd with friends and then watched the Grantsvilled fireworks.



I'm so impressed with this little town's fireworks show. It's a little shorter than other shows I've been to, but what you get is way more spectacular. It's like fireworks on steroids!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day! Except for the hour in traffic. My kids love jumping places too. It's good to get their energy out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:34 PM

    OMG the mad face on Lauren looks like me!!!! OH NO, I think she got my attitude, because when I want to do something I want to do it now...kids are getting soooo big.
    Love all of you Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it wa a great day for you all :)
    (just found your blog, fab posts)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swag Bucks