Monday, November 08, 2010

Birthday Cake

I feel like a bit of a slacker. Remember my tradition of making a specialized homemade birthday cake which the birthday child had requested?

There was Elmo for Ty's 2nd birthday...




Spiderman for his third...




The infamous Jesus cake for his fourth...






And a Cars theme for his 5th?





Well, I was planning on doing a Diego cake for his 6th, but something came over me when we were at Costco. Knowing that he's still easily persuaded, I started talking about how much I loved homemade cakes, but sometimes the store-bought ones were soooo cool! How I always felt so special when I got a store-bought cake. (At least it's true. There's something especially yummy about that Costco buttercream frosting that I love.) So he got excited and asked if he could have a store-bought cake this year. Please?! Please?! "Oh, okay, since you asked."




The selection was low, and we didn't have enough time to special order one, but he loved the music notes, and was very excited. And the chocolate mousse filling? Way better than any cake I've ever made, that's for sure!




Here's a little video of him blowing out his candles. I love the split second before he blows them out, where you can tell he's making a wish. I love the magic of childhood!


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:07 AM

    You are tricky!!! I still love the Jesus cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cakes! Those are so cool! Sometimes a store bought cake is just great. Hope he had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:57 PM

    You are truly the "cake master"----Will you make my birthday cake when we are ever in the same place on my birthday? I loved the music notes---it makes the cake seem so happy! Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swag Bucks